Hello!! ….I am Lallaisangzuali, 2017 Mortenson Center Associate and I would like to share with you a few things about myself and my academic career.
- District Librarian under Art & Culture Department, Government of Mizoram
- Assistant Librarian in Central Library, Mizoram University, India 2005- 2011 .
- Assistant Librarian (Senior Grade) Central Library, Mizoram University, India 2011- 2016
- Assistant Librarian (Selection Grade) Central Library, Mizoram University, India 2016- till date.
Education: I completed my Master of Library & Information Science from North Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya and I had completed my PhD in the year 2013 from Mizoram University.
Job Profile: Since 2006, I am in-charge of Acquisition of Books for all academic departments of the University. My main work starts from receiving requisitions from the faculty members, checking duplicate titles, identifying vendors for a specific order, placing orders, receiving new books, processing of bills for payment etc. I also looked after the Reference Section of the Library and take necessary steps for the development of the section in terms of its collection. The responsibility of overall development in terms of infrastructure also lies with me. This is mainly because many assignments need to be in our shoulders as the Library is still functioning with very few Library Officers.
One of the annual activity of the library is Orientation Program for the new students which is an important and foremost activity in the library setting as a Freshman. I took active role in this Program as one of the facilitator since 2005 right after the joined the University system and this had been made mandatory for every new student since the past few years.
Working Relationships: I have a very close and understanding relationship with my supervisor (i.e Librarian) and with other colleagues as well. We worked hard as a team so that we may achieve the best so as to place our University at a recognizable level in the Indian scenario through Library Services. I believe in the power of team work and the importance of having a strong and committed library staff. It is my mantra that each staff should try their best in their own way so that we can provide better services to our patrons
Other academic works:
- Third Place winner of SIG-III ASIS&T 2012 International Paper Contest
- Completed minor Research Project under Indian Council of Social Science Research, India on the topic “A study on use of electronic resources by the faculty members and research scholars of the School of Social Sciences”
- Sponsorship Award, 2013 by Singapore Government to attend IFLA, 2013
- Life Member, Indian Library Association
- Life Member, Indian Association of Special Libraries and Information Centres (IASLIC)
- Executive Member, Mizoram Library Association